#newsHACK III was held in Rainmaking Loft in London on 15th & 16th December 2014.
Automated international News Services of the future
The theme was “Automated international News Services of the future”. Read the announcement for #newsHACK III that was published beforehand, here on the News Labs Hacker Journalist Blog.
The Winners of #newsHACK III
NB - the winners were selected for their prototypes and demonstrations made at the event, not on the software & technologies brought to the event.
The “Language technologies” Demonstrated at #newsHACK III Language Tech:-
The Language Technologies included, but were not limited to:-
- Speaker diarisation
- Sentiment analysis
- Audio segmentation
- Speaker identification (unique, gender)
- Audio event analysis (e.g. gunfire, laughter, music)
- Multilingual Speech to Text
- Machine Translation (other than google / bing services)
- Multilingual NER ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Named-entity_recognition )
- Multilingual relationship extraction – “The next thing after NER”; the cutting edge bit of NLP at the mo.
- Multilingual knowledge stores (Graph)
- Multilingual speech synthesis