We invited Universities from around Wales to make, create and write the future of news and to explore the art of the possible with our APIs, innovative data services, and a wealth of content.
How might we create a location-aware, personalised News experience that shapes itself around YOU?
BBC is engaged in some of the most innovative areas of the BBC’s future internet-led plans. This includes News, MyBBC, Travel News, and Location Services. Students will receive support from BBC journalists, product managers, coders and UX specialists.
When and Where
- North Wales University #newsHACK V
- When: 19th and 20th March 2015
- Where: Galeri, Caernarfon
- South Wales University #newsHACK VI
- When: 26th and 27th March
- Where: Chapter, Cardiff
Team Requirements/recommendations and skills
Up to 5 individuals per team. All team members should be age 18 or over.
- Journalism/media skills
- Mobile Development (iOS and Andrioid)
- Design (Graphic, Web or Mobile)
- Soft skills
- Works well within a team
- Good communication