The Pew Research Center have released their annual report on the conditions for Journalism in the U.S.
In a short summary of their findings they draw five headline conclusions;
- 39 out of the top 50 digital news sites get more traffic from mobile devices than from desktops.
- Newspapers are still struggling, and cable news is also in decline.
- Network and local news is on the up.
- Podcasting is still on an upward trajectory.
- Traditional news continues to lose out financially to digital news and it’s advertising revenue.
The rise and rise of mobile news continues then…