“The News Industry Accelerator”
What might we create together, to improve the NEWS industry for UK & global publishers?
- Trinity Mirror
- Sunday Times
- Financial Times
- Swansea University
- The Conversation
- The Telegraph
- The Times
- VRT (Flemish public broadcaster)
- Johnston Press
- SKY NEWS
- Wall Street Journal
CONNECTING THE NEWS, TOGETHER
- How might we make the journeys across News Providers even better?
- Think: Syndication, Hyper-local, “other points of view”, context, native promotion, discovery, shared IDs, social…
USING AND SHARING LIVE VIDEO
- How might we make more of Live video sources from various organisations & social channels to better tell News stories?
- Think: verification, syndication, Periscope, Meerkat…
VIDEO IN EXPLANATORY JOURNALISM
- How might we use video, from around the web, to explain the News better?
- Think: Context, Archive, Explanation, other publishers’ video…
JOURNALISM IN A SOCIAL AGE
- How might we make the most of the opportunities opened by social media?
- Think: Citizen Journalism, Audience participation, cross-industry collaboration, Verification, using social for storytelling…
- Do you have an idea that feeds into the main event theme?
- Go for it!
- Sue Brooks, Head of Products, Associated Press
- Robin Pembrooke, General Manager for News Products, BBC Digital
- Evangeline de Bourgoing, Programme Manager, Global Editors Network
- Martin Moore, Director of Media Standards Trust
- Steve Herrmann, Executive Editor, Digital, BBC News
- Iain Collins, Engineer, News Labs
- Alan Whiston, Head of Engineering, BBC News