BBC Minute CatchUp - Pilot from RLabs in Cape Town
Enable users to stay in the know through a quick hit consumption of energetic audio, from BBC World Service
This pilot originated from the World Service: Connected Studio - Cape Town event, aka newsHACK VII.
What is it?
BBC CatchUp aka BBC Minute - a simple lightweight media player designed to sit in web pages and/or function as an app on Mobile phones.
CatchUp plays the latest edition of BBC Minute, a 60 second audio news summary aimed at young people produced by the BBC World Service.
It is also being used World Service as part of their anniversary celebrations for BBC Minute and as an example of their innovative approach in Africa.
After two rounds of user testing and development, you can now try BBC CatchUp on TASTER.
BBC Taster is the home of new ideas from the BBC - find out more about Taster here.
- Developed by Rlabs in Cape Town
- Team made up of Kurt Apolis, Adrienne Fredericks, Nathaniel Dicks, Christine Taphel
- On Niemen Lab
- BBC Minute CatchUp on MemeBurn
- BBC Minute CatchUp on Digital TV Europe
- BBC Minute CatchUp on The Nigerian Voice
- BBC Minute CatchUp on TechLoy
- BBC Minute CatchUp on Disrupt Africa
- BBC Minute CatchUp on BizCommunity
- BBC Minute CatchUp on SeriouslyMedia
- BBC Minute CatchUp on The Marketin Site
Get in touch - tweet us at @bbcnewslabs
- After testing on Taster, BBC Minute Catchup was offered to BBC partner stations.